It’s an understatement to say but almost a month after elimination in the Champions League, PSG is still slowly digesting its disappointment against Real Madrid. Moreover, for the moment nothing or almost nothing moves on the surface at the club, the leaders are very discreet. The instruction is also the following: as long as the tenth title of Champion of France is not sportingly closed, nothing will move. Decryption, PSG are 13 points ahead of their runner-up in the league, they have eight games left to play, if they win their next three Ligue 1 games (Clermont-Ferrand, Marseille and Angers), PSG will be crowned Champions of France and then it will be time to announce the first contract extensions and probably also tell some players that they will have to find another club.
Mbappé at the center of the game but not only…
Of course, all of PSG is suspended on Kylian Mbappé’s decision to extend or not. The player, at the end of the contract on June 30, hinted that he still has not made his decision by mentioning “new elements”. For PSG, as revealed by France Bleu Paris, this extension of Mbappé is no longer utopian. Besides, Sunday’s media release did not surprise the club’s leaders, who for months (and despite the emergency situation) have kept real hope for this signing of the man who is currently “the best player in the world. “.
In the other files of players at the end of the contract, there is Angel Di Maria, the best passer in the history of PSG. The Argentinian, loyal lieutenant of Lionel Messi, has according to our information very little, if any chance of extending with Paris. Moreover, the Italian newspaper, the Gazzetta dello Sport understands that Juventus Turin is preparing an offer to attract the Argentinian international who has been at PSG since August 2015.
Among young people, PSG is trying to extend with the Dutch Xavi Simons and have young hopeful Ismaël Gharbi sign his first pro contract.
Presnel, Marco and “Marqui” extensions to come?
We have known for several months that PSG wants to extend the adventure with Marquinhos and Marco Verratti. But the club also made it clear to Presnel Kimpembe a few weeks ago that it also wanted to extend it. The three players, aged 27 (Marquinhos), 29 (Verratti) and 26 (Kimpembe) are all out of contract in June 2024. The files could therefore move after the title of Champion of France, but in any case the PSG really wants to extend “cthe children of the club” as a manager pointed out to France Bleu Paris.
In contract until when?
We offer you a short summary of the contract durations:
* June 2022: Mbappe, Simons, Di Maria, Letellier, Gharbi
* June 2023: Messi, Paredes, Gueye, Kerher, Ramos, Dina Ebimbe, Areola (loan/ West Ham), Rafinha (loan/ Real Sociedad), Innoncent, Bitumazala, Ahamada, Touré and Franchi
* June 2024: Marquinhos, Verratti, Kimpembe, Icardi, Wijnaldum, Kurzawa, Bitshiabu, Dagba, Navas, Herrera, Diallo, Draxler, Pembele (loan / Bordeaux), Sarabia (loan / Sporting Lisbon) and Kalimuendo (loan / RC Lens)
* June 2025: Danilo, Michut, Bernat, Neymar, Bulka (loan / Nice) and Nagera (loan / Avranches)
* June 2026: Donnarumma, Hakimi
* player loaned to PSG with option to buy: Nuno Mendes (Sporting Portugal) / 40 million euros